Pages

No Thanks, I've Got Better

My Pretty Rose Tree

A flower was offered to me,
Such a flower as May never bore;
But I said "I've a pretty rose tree,"
And I passed the sweet flower o'er.

Then I went to my pretty rose tree,
To tend her by day and by night;
But my rose turned away with jealousy,
And her thorns were my only delight.
-William Blake


I found this poem in search of poems to feature in April's (National Poetry Month) log at work. After reading this i couldnt help but laugh.

In my mind i saw a girl tryna holla at a guy; the guy turning her down and going to get cozy with his girlfriend/wife; and the other girl getting mad. Not that rejection is funny or anything. But that's exactly what this poem depicts. And it's hilariously accurate depiction of honesty, trust, and loyalty (from his perspective). =D

via: Poetry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I look forward to reading your comments. Tell me what u think!