Pages

How You Doin'

'How u doin' is a common catch phrase used by everyone. But one lady has made it her tagline. When you hear it now, especially in a deep, drawn-out, way, you know it's Wendy Williams.

This show is addictive, i catch it when i can. Her style is 'ugh. why-is-she-wearing-that', she's blunt, and her forwardness is slightly abrasive. But she's funny and i love it! lol. And as gritty as it is sometimes, Wendy keeps it real. Plus, i'm all for knowing the latest gossip on my favorite and not-so-favorite celebs. She knows everything about everyone else, so know let's learn a lil something about her from YRB Magazine. So Wendy...

How you doin'?

YRB: How did The Wendy Williams Show come about?
Wendy: My husband, Kevin, received a call last October from two people that would turn out to be our partners. One week later, I was summoned to a meeting. Shortly after that, papers were drawn up, and before you knew it, I was on the air last July for a six-week sneak preview of the show. It really happened that quickly.

YRB: Is the direction of the show strictly your vision?
Wendy: I like to think that I’m not hardheaded, and I like to believe that I take direction well, but there’s a beauty in having partners. Ultimately with me as the host, the final say is with me. When I walk out of those double doors, there isn’t someone telling me what to do. I do not work with a prompter because at this stage in my career, if I need to be reminded of what to do for a one-hour show, then I don’t need to be doing this... Read the whole interview... My show is not rocket science. It’s slightly messy with a lot of fun. I am who I am – just Wendy.

YRB: Why is it celebs love you yet fear you at the same time?
Wendy: I love it! I’m allowed to have an opinion on things just as the next person, so don’t get upset and bent outta shape over the things you hear me say. I’m not a mean person; I just have the guts to say it. If you don’t want to hear what I have to say about you, then go be a schoolteacher. Watch her interview with Michele Williams

YRB: What’s the worst thing that’s been said about you?
Wendy: That I’m a man. I think that’s the worst thing you can say about a woman, but I started that joke, so I have now learned not to get so sensitive over every damn thing. If you’re going to put yourself out there in the public eye, then you need to get over this real quick.

YRB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I look forward to reading your comments. Tell me what u think!